Connect with us

Headset repair fault

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by IPDO, Jul 25, 2014.

1. IPDO

IPDO

Jul 25, 2014
    Hi,
    Once I found that my microphone is not working, I opened the headset and saw the mic wire came off the solder. Then i soldered back on its correct position but unfortunately a mistake has occurred during this process. The small card came out as shown in fig. I have taken a picture of right speaker to show how the left speaker would look like before.

And Thanks for any Help in Advance.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    There are some very fine wires that have been broken as well. I can't see them. It is now probably unrepairable.

I'd bin it.

3. IPDO

IPDO

Jul 25, 2014
    Which wires are you talking about, there are no wires other than that wires that are shown.
    There must be a way to repair, help please...

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    There are wires leading from the connector you tore off into the speaker.

They are very fine. I can't see them in your photo, perhaps you can if you look more carefully.

Those wires will be almost impossible to reconnect. If you want to repair this you'll have to find those broken wires first.

5. IPDO

IPDO

Jul 25, 2014
    can you show me where are the wires located on my pic.

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    To be fair, I probably haven't been very clear that I can't actually see them.

DSC02025-2.jpg

In the image above I have circled in green some places that the wires might be found.
    1. I think I can see what may be a very out of focus piece of wire here. Maybe that's it.
    2. Maybe it came through this hole, and maybe that small line I can see on the ridge there is part of the wire
    3. perhaps the wires came up through here
    4. maybe the wires came up through the mounting and the connector was glued down. The wires may not be visible.
    5. Perhaps there is something here, but it is obscured.
    Those are five of the things I can't really see,

The wires themselves would appear far thinner than the red lines you've drawn, probably a third of that width or less. They will be (most likely) enameled copper wire.

If you look very carefully at the piece you tore off, you might be able to make out the ends of the broken wires. Obviously I can't because your focus is not on that part.

7. IPDO

IPDO

Jul 25, 2014
    May be the flash is confusing, take this picture. I have used 4x magnifying glass to focus on it.
    I suspect the small U shaped passage where the white-yellow type glue or some thing like that is applied. What is that white-yellow thing, is it a conductor or an insulator?

Attached Files:

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yellow blob is glue. probably part of the blob that helped to hold the wires going to the board in place

the main problem is that you have ripped the wires out of that speaker so that speaker is now useless

Dave

Ask a Question