Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Headrest Car DVD players

Lyubodorrr

Sep 2, 2016
Hello.
I registered here today and hoping to get some answers about my car headrest DVD players.
The players I am talking about is "Xtron HD909V"
This player can play same movie on both headrests screens same time because it supports AV out , but only if I play DVD disk.
When I play AVI. file from USB stick it will play only on one player. I contacted support team and they say it's not supported on this model. The question is ... is it really possible to make it work ? do I need to solder something or it's just software related ? Players is connected together via AV cables ( Yellow, red and white )
Thanks .

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The AV output is probably from the DVD player, this would not be active if it is playing an AVI. Because there's never any AV generated, there is likely no simple way to do what you want.

Perhaps you could create a DVD containing your AVI's (but not just a disk full of files, an actual DVD video format disc).

Lyubodorrr

Sep 2, 2016
Thanks for reply Steve.
But media player that plays AVI file is sending video signal to original screen and speakers. What if I just add some king of splitter and connect it to the DVD player AV out ? Think this will work ?
Thanks.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Off-topic and I doubt you're interested, but here's my input.
One of my kids is a State Police cop. They can issue tickets for 'distracted driving' when they see it. ie: notice a TV playing where the driver can see it. That's not my primary point though. With the computers monitoring the car anymore, it's not going to be long when after an accident, the car computer can be checked to see if the driver was
using particular 'distraction' devices at the time of the accident. And insurance companies will be using that data to
deny claims. I know 'everybody does it', but sometime soon, we're going to be paying for it.
And if the other guy has a smart lawyer, the distracted driver will be criminally liable.
Good luck with the project.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If you have an avi player that produces video, then you can probably split it and feed it to the video IN on both devices.

Lyubodorrr

Sep 2, 2016
Off-topic and I doubt you're interested, but here's my input.
One of my kids is a State Police cop. They can issue tickets for 'distracted driving' when they see it. ie: notice a TV playing where the driver can see it. That's not my primary point though. With the computers monitoring the car anymore, it's not going to be long when after an accident, the car computer can be checked to see if the driver was
using particular 'distraction' devices at the time of the accident. And insurance companies will be using that data to
deny claims. I know 'everybody does it', but sometime soon, we're going to be paying for it.
And if the other guy has a smart lawyer, the distracted driver will be criminally liable.
Good luck with the project.

Thanks for info... But players that I am working on is on driver and passenger sit. It mounted inside headrests. There is no way driver can see it.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Hope *steve*'s advice works for you.
I'm not much on telling anybody else what to do, but the way the nanny-state laws keep Big Brother controlling every little thing we do, I just wanted to put that out there. Driving anywhere with my kid is exhausting. I get the low-down on every single potential law I'm breaking when he's in the car with me.