Connect with us

headlight dimmer circuit help

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by unni, Mar 12, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. unni

unni

Dec 13, 2010
    I,ve attached the circuit of the headlight dimmer circiut which I am doing for mini project.But I can't understand the current ratinng of the high current relay and How do i connect the 3 outputs to the headlight circuit.Pls help.

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    the hi current rating of that relay is so that it can handle the "high Current" needed to operate the headlamps without burning out the relay contacts

the top wire ... to hi beam cct ... goes to the hi beam globes (or hi beam filament of a dual beam globe) the other side of the globe goes to the car chassis

the middle wire ... as it says ... goes to the lightswitch on the stearing column
    the other side of the switch goes to the battery

the lower wire ... to lo beam cct... goes to the lo beam globes (or lo beam filament of a dual beam globe) the other side of the globe goes to the car chassis

Dave

3. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Since the coil current of K1 will pass through R3, it'll need to be a high sensitivity type with a high coil resistance, maybe a reed relay. It only needs to switch 0.1A.
    K2 will be bigger, having a much lower coil resistance (maybe 150 ohms), and will need to switch at least 10A, preferably 20A (to allow for a 4-lamp setup).
    See attached image for actual headlamp wiring.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question