Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Have you ever used a MCU to connect to a LCD ?

Johnson2

Dec 7, 2020
Have you ever used a MCU to connect to a LCD?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnson2

Dec 7, 2020
Many times.:)
Sorry my question may be overly simplistic, in fact the problem I am having is that I am using a stone lcd and I want to use it to control an arduino and the arduino to control led lights. This way I have achieved the effect of using the lcd to control the led.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
It is the usual configuration for the Arduino to control everything, that's why they call it a microcontroller.

You may have to show the products you intend to use as I for one am not familiar with a "stone LCD" nor an LCD that "controls a microcontroller."

There are many Arduino LCD and LED controller programs and projects out on the web already.
Have you searched there..?

Reason being the sketches will already have been written and tested to a large extent.
No one here will write programs for you ....well, at least not for free.o_O

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Sorry my question may be overly simplistic
You need to provide more information. Around this time of the year our glass balls collectively are out of service;)

I assume you refer to one of these "intelligent touch screens", right? I haven't worked with these, but they seem pretty straightforward to use: Build the HMI using the supplied software, download to the LCD module, then read user interaction wuth the Arduino via the UART interface from the LCD. Have the arduino then perform the required actions.
On their website go to "DOWLOAD" [sic] and get the software, manuals and demo projects to get you started,

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
@bancroft: This is a fairly old thread, with the last post by the original poster, @Johnson2, occurring on Dec 24, 2020, after joining EP on Dec 6, 2020. I like your links, but presumably @Johnson2 has solved their Stone TFT LCD (which ever model s/he has) interface to Arduino problem. This could be an interesting thread if someone would jump in and tell us how to do that. Or our friend Google could point in the right direction...