Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Have to heat 5 meters of optical fibers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teenypea

Apr 14, 2015
Hi everyone !
I would like to get a little help to find a practical way to heat (around 5 °C) 5 meters of optical fibers using a 5v DC power supply cause i don't have any idea how to proceed at the moment :D
5v is very low i know but i just need few degrees :s

It has to be a small enough component (50mmx20mm max) cause i would like to use it in a small box.
The perfect choice would be something more or less cylindrical so i can roll the fiber around, but not sure really....
Anyone have an idea to share ?

I know its a very odd demand !
Thanks in advance :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi,
welcome :)

why do you want to heat optical fibres ?
what are you trying to achieve ?

Dave

teenypea

Apr 14, 2015
Can't really answer that too much sorry, its mostly for studies and researches :x
Basically i would like to cool/heat the fiber when i command it with a raspberry (i will use a fan for cooling, maybe i can use it for heating aswell :D huehue).
That's why i would like to use the 5v Power but i can probably use a bigger one and command it with relay via raspberry (even if i would like to stay with a simple 5v).

My first though is to use a resistance but it kinda hard to heat correctly most of the fiber with what i found (classic ressistance xD).

Thanks for u help.

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
Are you trying to heat this one time in order to form it into a specific space or do you want to heat it on and off at will?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
thread closed
we are not going to waste our time if you don't want to be forthcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.