Maker Pro
Maker Pro

For Sale: Have lots of vintage electronics to sale. What is best web page or site to do this on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

readyforanap

Jul 31, 2019
My 86 yr old dad's got memory issues and we are going to start selling all his electronics and tools. What is the best websites or way to sell vintage electronics. He has Heathkit solid-state Oscilloscope, DSI 3550 frequency counter, Sinclair Multimeter DMZ, MITS waveform generator, etc.. All were working 20+ years ago when he built a stereo, timed up cars, etc.. I don't want to yard sale them. He will need to move to nursing home memory unit soon.IMG_20190731_113337_hdr.jpg

majoco

Nov 10, 2019
IMHO I'd look at www.https://antiqueradios.com/ You'll probably have to register as a member and there's a stand-down period. You haven't said where you live - I think they only operate in the USofA. Ebay will get you the most exposure but probably the lowest bids! Just make sure you get the proceeds in your bank before you send anything - and don't use Western Union! Take good photos - not with a cellphone - and get the make, model number, description and condition - see if you can get it working! If you can find a ham club near you and see if they have a trade table or an auction weekend - often called "hamfests". If your Dad was an active ham you may like to find if he belonged to a local club who may have someone who could handle the sales for you but watch out for cherry-pickers.

readyforanap

Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for the information. He was not a ham radio user. The electronics were used to built stereo, tune up cars, fix broken electronics, etc..
We are located in north Florida. I will try Craigslist and EBay ( no ship pick up only) and perhaps a detailed description of few items here. I have started selling some tools and the guys get real interested when they see his workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.