Connect with us

Happy to be here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BStevieG, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. BStevieG

BStevieG

Feb 7, 2016
    Hey whats going on everyone. My name is Brandon Gamblin and Im an aspiring electrician preparing myself for school in the fall. I love all things technology. I've already gotten a certificate in Computer Technology and and a Bachelor in Graphic and Game & Art Design. But I also want to expand my skills and knowledge pertaining to this phenomenon we call technology. My vision and goal one day in the future is to be owner or part of a huge technological company, possibly a conglomerate and be mentioned up there with the names of Buffet and gates. I believe it can be done and I know being around positive like minded people on this forum would help me to do that. But I am very thankful and blessed to be here. And Im thanking all of you in advance for your help and support.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi ya Brandon

welcome to EP :)

Dave

3. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    I admire your drive and visions of the future. The world can use another great mind.
    Welcome to ep.
    John

P.S. The world can use another philanthropist too!

4. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    People get scared of my visions for the future, but then people are all too easy to forget the past and why we have the things we do because there was no alternative ...

Now there is an alternative, people fear it (i'm from a software background which led me electronics as a way of bridging the gap into the real world)

One of my grander ideas is to dump the goverment just drop it, we no longer need it, we would simply drop the goverment for an online realtime one..

Go back to the greek days where anyone with an issue could join a public forum and voice their concerns, it's simply impossible to do that now hence we let them do it for us..

But what about security/defence? We have councils which deal with us, post offices lot's of little ways of indirectly dealing with the government! But never anyway of dealing direct meaning issues are always slow to resolve!

I say dump the government for an online one, defence becomes it's own entity which interacts with the rest of us, i would run it the same way any old forum runs work only on a much much bigger scale, instead of clicking on General Electronics/off topic etc

We would have it listed by States, with sub catagories, eg state - Australia - SA - Clearview, once in all the very local politics (eg a cat problem / noise problem)

You select your state and suburb, then submit, others can debate put it to the vote and have something done about it in days! Or if everyone disagrees, tough, budgets, treasury all accessible, how you spend your taxes (you could have slider bars put 20% of your tax into health, 10% into defence (defence has a min %) etc

You get %100 control and your voice will be heard as everything will be done locally, someone in another state will not get a say unless it affects them directly, in which you go to a different area of the forum...

If you have no interest, you can use default settings and never even look!

I could go on for days how to pull this off, but i believe one day this will happen!

Eg an Artist wants to paint something on a wall to make it look better, you could discuss, vot, even accept or give donations eg, Mrs White 3 doors down reads it and likes it, she donates $50 to help you out...

I can see so many advantages of this system it's too strong to ignore, another example

I go to my suburb, and i say let's vote to legalize marijuana, everyone in that suburb gets to vote, then if agreed on, the law would change just for that 1 suburb, then we would see migration influxes, more jobs more donations..

Huge amounts of money to be saved and generated by dumping the government!

5. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Probably better to stay away from political discussions and stick with electronic stuff.

davenn likes this.
  6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    and with that sage advice

thread closed

Ask a Question