Connect with us

handyman component tester

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by roisin, Mar 30, 2017.

1. roisin

roisin

Mar 30, 2017
    a component on the circuit board shorted out, the markings on it is 6086 156k +15k could be a tvr but i can find no info or sub, can anybody help. Thanks

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    post a picture please.

3. roisin

roisin

Mar 30, 2017
    Thank you for taking interest, not well up in computers will have to get some help to post picture , i will describe the component its brown in colour axial with 2 leads its about 10mm long x 5 mm round with cone on one end, has circular indent at one end, there is a plus sign on circuit board and with c7 marked on circuit board. Thanks

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    C7 is almost certainly an electrolytic capacitor.

Picture please:)

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    and you gave all except the important info

WHAT markings are on it ?
    if the ones in your first post, it doesn't really make much sense

please get a pic posted

6. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    --
    Click on "upload file" button on bottom of this page, then select where picture will come from. you will figure it out.

7. roisin

roisin

Mar 30, 2017
    ThNKS TO ALL FOR ADVISE ETC AND YOU WERE RIGHT- IT IS A CAPACITOR TANTALUM MOLDED, FOUND INFO ON WEB KEMET CAPACITORS PAGE 43 NOT SURE IF I AM READING IT RIGHT 15UF 25V CAN ANYONE VERIFY. THANKS,

8. spunke1

spunke1

Apr 27, 2017
    my C1 blew but is the same number as C7. mine says 173D+ 156K 20v+ 9123 2 (the 2 is inside a circle) it looks like a vishay capacitor. any feedback? i dont do a lot of capacitor replacement so i need a little help as well. looks like the same parts as roisin but different numbers on the part? my handman is older....15years or so. says "clark" on it.

9. roisin

roisin

Mar 30, 2017
    Hello. if you look on the net for kemet tantalum molded/axial capacitors you will find a reference how to decode those numbers also it gives capacitor outline drawings, would be interesting to know result.

10. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    never trust a device that has blown caps in the past.
    those that may blow caps in the future are ok...

MODERATOR NOTE: Please ignore tedstruck. He spouts nonsense continually and is very near earning himself another holiday.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
Ask a Question