Connect with us

Hall effect sensor trigger LED

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by bramar1, Apr 2, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bramar1

bramar1

Apr 2, 2015
    Hi,

I am currently working on a project and I would like to see if I am on the right track.
    Using a 9V battery supply I have a hall effect sensor (2SS52M, Hall Effect Sensor, Omnipolar, 2.5mT, 3.8 → 30 V dc, 3-Pin TO-92) which will output to a Schmitt trigger (TC4S584F(F)).
    I want to know, is my output voltage from the schmitt still +9V?
    with these values is my high V point approx. 2.0V and low V point approx. .6V?
    Basically I want the hall effect sensor to light an LED when magnetic flux leakage has been detected. Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Capture1111.PNG

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Your circuit diagram does not agree with the datasheets for either the Hall sensor or the Schmitt trigger. See attached datasheets.

The Hall device is a current-sinking output, which means you supply a voltage supply to the output through a current-limiting resistor. The Schmitt trigger has no provision for positive feedback and has no negative input terminal.

Please revise your schematic and try again.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question