Connect with us

Hall effect sensor help

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Ryan632, Jul 16, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ryan632

Ryan632

Jul 16, 2015
    I have a project coming up in school to build a simple DC motor. This is what iv based mine off of.

My problem is how to reverse the polarity of the electromagnets using the signal picked up by the hall effect. I am very new to building control circuits, and any help or advice is welcome.

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    The author did a stellar job there but I'm lost over his copper vs aluminum wire comment.

Regarding rotation direction: Listen to what the author said about the slight mechanical offset he accidentally built into his design. He states that it turned out to his advantage, as it enables the rotor to self start without a shove. My guess is that if the offset were reversed the motor would start in the opposite direction. On the other hand I would think reversing the supply polarity to the stator poles would accomplish the same thing. This can be done with a DPDT switch or HBridge.

A schematic would be nice. Yours or his.;)

Chris

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    There are multiple ways.

You could use a microcontroller control some H bridges.

You could also square up the pulse and use it to clock a flip flop, with the outputs used to drive H bridges.

that's two ways. Do you have any constraints imposed on your design?

4. Ryan632

Ryan632

Jul 16, 2015
    The schematic he drew is in the description. But it has no values, thats what confused me also.

5. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    What schematic? I watched the vid but I don't remember seeing any schematic.

Chris

6. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
Ask a Question