Maker Pro
Maker Pro

H Bridge Circuit

himo

Apr 29, 2016
hello guys i hope your doing fine so i have a little projet and am facing a problem in m stepper motors drivers in my country h bridge driver is very expensive so i have to make mosfets h bridge to run my unipolar and bipolar steppers so i hope i can find a help soon and thank you !

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
hello guys i hope your doing fine so i have a little projet and am facing a problem in m stepper motors drivers in my country h bridge driver is very expensive so i have to make mosfets h bridge to run my unipolar and bipolar steppers so i hope i can find a help soon and thank you !
Time for you to do some research.
If you build your own, you will find that the rate at which you can 'step' your motor will be quite low. Extra care can be taken to make it 'faster', but you also must contend with 'shoot-through' where you accidentally have two sides of the H-Bridge active at the same time... This can be caused by switching delays in the components.
So... I would encourage you to draw up a schematic with what you currently know... and price out some transistors and mosfets... Additionally, depending on the power requirements you have, you could salvage stepper drivers from CD-ROM drives and Scanners.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
To get max speed and torque out of a stepper you must vary the voltage with the speed. This is to compensate for the fact that the load is an inductor, and will not get to max current immediately, but it will take a delay inversely proportional to the voltage.

That said, if you don't need to run it very fast, a simple H-bridge providing the voltage needed to reach max current statically will work.

Bob

himo

Apr 29, 2016
thank you guys but what i really need is the circuit that i can plugin the arduino !

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
thank you guys but what i really need is the circuit that i can plugin the arduino !
This is why I hate Arduino...
Sorry to be rude, but electronics are not lego you can snap together.

If you want something you can plug into the Arduino and call it a day, then you should invest in the part you want. It may be pricey but it *should* immediately work.
If you can share some details about what you are driving and how fast you want it or how big the motor is, we can help design a circuit.
If we help you design a circuit, you will *need* to be willing to manually connect at least 8 components together for EACH H-Bridge. A stepper controller typically has two H-Bridges.
So... aside from the circuit you need, you have to program the Arduino to deal with it... the program will vary based on how you build your circuit. It could be a simple 2-pin solution (step and direction) or it could require 4 pins to directly control the transistors that make up the pair of H-Bridges.

Simple, no frills parts list.
4x PNP transistors.
4x NPN transistors.
Resistors (Assorted... to limit current into the transistor 'Base')