Connect with us

H-bridge 12v DC motor

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by devatu, Sep 15, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. devatu

devatu

Sep 11, 2014
    Hi everyone,

I need to make my 12V DC motor (Datasheet : http://www.linearmech.it/linearmech/.../lmr01_eng.pdf) so, that it can turn forward and backward.

I know that this is possible via an H-bridge, and I have a Motor controller with one on it available. The motor controlle is this one :http://www.voti.nl/dwarf/doc/DB021.pdf.

What do I need to do to let it turn forward and backward? I googled Hbridges many times, and soldered it in many ways, but still can't manage to get it working. Thanks in advance.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Here is a description of the basics in a relatively simple form.

Here is another description. You need to know that shoot-through is very bad.

Here is another one.

And here are a whole lot of designs.

KrisBlueNZ likes this.
  3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Once you've decided on a design to use, if you can't get it working, post the following information:

1. The schematic diagram you worked from
    2. A list of any changes you've made (component substitutions etc) from that diagram
    3. A photo of your construction
    4. A list of the voltages you measure at the inputs and outputs of the H-bridge.

4. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    The motor controller you have specified is only 2 amp as H-bridge. You need between 4 - 8 amps and preferably up to 20 amp.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun So long, and Thanks for all the Fish!

Aug 27, 2013
    devatu,

At the risk of over-simplifying your project, are relays an option? I know they aren't really popular with the savvy electronics crowd, but sometimes they are still a best-fit solution.....I mean who doesn't love a high tech H-Bridge with synchronous rectification, Active Power Factor Correction, cool bi-color flashing LEDs, programmable soft limits and an Auxiliary I-Phone charger? .....but if you just need a linear actuator to cycle from one limit switch to another and you can live without the bells and whistles relays are likely going to provide a cheap and easy solution.....

Fish

(*steve*) likes this.
Ask a Question