Connect with us

Guidance needed

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mr.smith, Nov 9, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mr.smith

mr.smith

Nov 9, 2010
    Admittedly I am fairly inept with regards to electronics.

I am wanting to modify an electronic audio device with a timer so that it goes off every half hour while in the on position. The device requires that the user press a button to activate the audio track. It is just a momentary single push each time the track is run. It is powered by 4 AA batteries and it must be portable so a larger external power source is undesirable.

My first thought was to modify a battery powered alarm clock by using the audio device as the alarm but it seemed to me that it might be easier to just add some kind of timer to it instead of using a clock. But... back to the electro inept comment. I do not know how to proceed.

this is the type of device I am modifying: http://www.casscreek.com/Cass-Creek-Ergo-Predator-II-Hunting-Game-Call

Thanks in advance. -Josh

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It all depends on your skill level :)

The lowest parts count option would be a PIC with a program to simulate a button press each 30 minutes.

The easiest to understand might be an oscillator driving a divider.

The easiest to build might be something employing an external timer (although I don't know of one off the top of my head)

Ask a Question