Connect with us

Guidance for choosing PLC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Lei Reyes, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Lei Reyes

Lei Reyes

Jul 2, 2014
    Hi everyone, I have these 2 choices of PLC that I am about to use to control mixture of 12VDC LED lamps and AC Lamps . Disregarding the number of Relay Output Slots and Relay Drive Capacity, the only thing these two PLCs are different is that they're Relay outputs are isolated, and not isolated.

What does "relay output isolation" mean?
    Which from them do you think best suits for my application? Isolated or Not isolated?

Best Regards,

Attached Files:

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Specs for the first unit (model DAM126) shows "relay output use same ground, that is all the relays have one side of each contact connected to ground. I imagine this is logic level ground, or perhaps 24v dc ground.
    Specs for the second unit ( model DAM 130) shows "relay outputs seperately isolated". Means the contacts are each seperate, firstly from eachother, and secondly from ground.

3. Lei Reyes

Lei Reyes

Jul 2, 2014
    So from what you have said, isn't it safe to say that I use the isolated or separated relay outputs for safety precautions when connecting AC and DC outputs in the same PLC ?

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Personal safety maybe, but mostly protection of the different circuits in the overall system.

Ask a Question