Connect with us

GSM based project HELP required

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by MCV, Dec 12, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MCV

MCV

Dec 12, 2013
    I need help in designing a GSM/cdma based vehicle tracker.
    The circuit should be able to send sms to two predefined numbers each time when the vehicle is started/stopped with the time and date and the electronic meter reading(if possible)
    Please help me. I am just a beginner
    :confused:

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    That is a very complicated project, and needs a fair amount of power (unless you are intending to connect it to the car power system)

I personally would use an Arduino (or similar) with a GSM shield and the SIM card out of a prepaid cell phone. Set that up to send the text to the numbers with the recorded data. Then connect it through the ignition so that the system will only turn on when the car is started, then I would connect the signal monitor up to the reverse lights so that when they switch into gear that is when the text is sent,then another is sent when they park, though you may get false messages when there is a 3 point turn or something.

Ask a Question