Connect with us

GSM based personal voicemail system

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by porcellio, Aug 15, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. porcellio

porcellio

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi, I'm from India and most cell phone operators dont offer voicemail service for prepaid, and hence I was thinking of building my own (for the most part for experience and the fun of it)

The specifications would be :
    Computer supported (Dual core AMD, windows and linux)
    GSM based
    call in based (calls will be diverted to this system from my regular phone number.)

So i was wondering if you guys could help me in building this and what equipment/software I would need.

The equipment i currently have is an apple peel whose infineon based chipset could be used for the GSM part. apart from that what else will I need?

Update : It need not be something complex. basically if the number is called, it records everything you say and stores it as a .wav file of .mp3 file on the computer with metadata such as time, date, telephone number from which called etc. Also some more equipment I have that i could use is the Lego Mindstorm controller (not sure if it would be useful though....)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    I got a better idea. Have all your calls forwarded to your house phone number when you don't pick up and then install an answering machine.

3. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    I agree with jackorocko that what you're planning is, essentially, an answering machine. If you search "answering machine" on the sourceforge.net site you'll see that others have gone this way before, and that they have cut trails.

Ask a Question