Connect with us

Grounding Equipment in a Lamp post

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Lei Reyes, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Lei Reyes

    Lei Reyes

    Jul 2, 2014
    Hi everyone.. I am going to install a CCTV system in a Street Light Post. I uploaded the design and some specs below. Can you please help me decide on what grounding rod / clamp do specifications I am going to need to use for this ?

    All the devices get their supply power from the tapped connection from the Street Light Supply (Or from the power distributor's line),
    (1) 30A Circuit Breaker is connected to the distributor line,
    (3) 4-port GFCI Outlets are connected to the circuit breaker, then all the components connect from those outlets

    Attached Files:

  2. Bluejets


    Oct 5, 2014
    I'd say get an electrician as it is clear you have little understanding of mains distribution systems.
  3. Lei Reyes

    Lei Reyes

    Jul 2, 2014
    Yeah great advice, really. Thanks though
  4. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    it's the best advice
    this shouldn't be done by an amateur

    we will close the thread and let you seek qualified help
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day