Connect with us

Ground lift

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by premarjun, Jan 20, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. premarjun

premarjun

Jan 20, 2015
    Could someone explain me what "Ground lift" means?
    Where do we use this concept?and how can we achieve it? please explain or provide me with a link
    Thank you

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    haven't heard of ground lift .... in what context have you seen this referenced to ?
    have you googled the term, ground lift ? what were the results ?

unless maybe another name for a floating ground ??

Dave

3. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    I only know of ground lift from external lightning strikes to the ground near an electrical installation. The whole ground close to this lifts in potential. I don't think it's ever something you would want. But I might be wrong.
    Adam

4. premarjun

premarjun

Jan 20, 2015
    I tried googling it,but it was not so clear,but some said that it was used to reduce the noise. In my case,actually I am designing a ring oscillator to obtain a stable frequency. I don't know how to apply that concept in order to obtain a stable frequency even though there is a fluctuations in the input?

5. Calmore

Calmore

Jan 19, 2015
    AFAIK, it's having a system ground somewhere above actual ground.

6. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    If that's he case, try Googleing 'DC Offset', or 'Voltage Offset'/

7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Well, ground effect gives you extra lift when you get close to the ground when landing an airplane, but I don't think that is what the OP wants.

Bob

8. Calmore

Calmore

Jan 19, 2015
    Bobk, that was my first thought, I must admit. I then went to search Ekranoplan videos on youtube and ended up wasting an hour.

Ask a Question