Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Greetings from Havana

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
Hello everyone.

My name is Miguel, I live in Cuba and I love the world of electronics. I hope I can learn and help about this subject in this Forum. Being myself a Spanish speaker, I apologise on my future spelling or grammar errors. I'll be reading the forum in order to look for some interesting circuit or idea.

Best regards

Miguel

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi Miguel.

I'll echo GonzoEngineer's comment. Your English sounds (reads) fine. (Perhaps it's a little formal, but certainly easily understood)

Considering I speak 2 words of Spanish, about 5 of French, and about 10 of Mandarin, I appreciate anyone who can learn a different language.

I will admit to knowing little about Cuba other than folk-law, what I see in the media, and its geographical location.

How easy is it for you to obtain electronic components? I can imagine (maybe incorrectly) that export restrictions from one of your close neighbours may have an impact in this area?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Miguel.

I will admit to knowing little about Cuba other than folk-law, .....

and apparently excellent cigars ;)

Greetings Miguel

a warm welcome from me as well

cheers
Dave

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
Thanks to all of you for your welcome.

GonzoEngineer said:
What are your areas of interest?
Well, I found this forum looking in the web for a constant output amplier in the AF band. I've seen some threads of interest and I'm reading them. Maybe I find something to solve my problem.

steve said:
How easy is it for you to obtain electronic components?
Very difficult indeed. Almost every single component I get, It's retrieved from old equipment. There are no shops countrywide dedicated to sell electronics component except some very specialized and oriented to sell to state enterprises, not to common people. And yes, the problems with our northern neighbour do not help in any way.

Davenm said:
apparently excellent cigars
No doubt on that, they are the best in the world. By the way, I do not smoke. :D

Best regards

Miguel

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
I am a "Neighbor to the North", and let me say that I am not happy with our situation.

I don't agree with my Government's actions toward Cuba.....If I was President I would open all trade and relationship possible with Cuba.

(BTW.....I will trade you some electronics components for soma Havana Cigars!):D

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Good news, all the republican candidates agree with gonzo. You may have everything you need in short due time. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Let me guess, their buses have moved into Florida?

I note that one candidate is also promising moonbases.

Lets see if they echo it in the next state...

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
GonzoEngineer said:
I will trade you some electronics components for soma Havana Cigars!)
I will rob some of my uncle's. I'll tell you later :D :D :D

steve said:
I note that one candidate is also promising moonbases.
Amazing!!!! :D :D :D