Connect with us

Gould Oscilloscope

Discussion in 'Electronic Equipment' started by Too_Many_Tools, Jul 30, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I recently acquired a Gould 2608 oscilloscope that I have several
    questions about.

    First is the fact that the imputs use a connector that I have never
    seen before. They almost look like a push on F-connector but are not.
    Does anyone have any ideas where to go to get probes that would fit
    this apparently Gould specific connector?

    Second, does anyone know where the USA contact for Gould is located?

    I have done the usual Google searches with no results so any
    information would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. L.

    L. Guest

    You sure they're not "BNC" connectors? Those are common on many scopes and
    probes are available from many sources.

  3. Mark (UK)

    Mark (UK) Guest


    Their factory used to be on the industrial estate behind my house! I
    remember going there for a tour as a kid.

    It's now an Oxfam charity warehouse.

    Yours, Mark.
  4. Thanks for responding.

    They are definitely not BNC connectors.

    Nor are they any other RF related connector that I have ever seen.

    They are of a push on type similar to F connectors, gold plated and
    the scope itself expects a 1M 35pF input at each of the eight female

    Does anyone know what Gould used for special connectors on their

    Is there anywhere else you would suggest posting this question?


  5. L.

    L. Guest

    Can you shoot a picture of it and send it to me, maybe I can tell you what
    it is. Can't be too weird. Remove the "NO SPAM" when replying - should you
    choose to. Without seeing it, not knowing what Gould used, we could be
    guessing all day.

  6. Gould got broken up as a company in the mid 1980's IIRC. They had a battery
    division that was bought by Saft in Europe with factories in Mexico and a place
    in Phoenix which we visited in 1984. The electronics divisions were the money
    losers and I think they may have been bought up by another group such as HP, or
    individual factories sold as they did with the battery division.

    Looking on Google produced the following from the Gould Electronics web site:

    08/01/03—Restructuring to Improve Gould Financial Strength—Gould Electronics
    Inc. said today that it will gain financial strength and flexibility as a result
    of a restructuring by its Japan-based parent company, Nippon Mining Holdings,
    Inc. and its three primary business groups - Nikko Metals, Japan Energy Co. and
    Nikko Materials Co., Ltd. Read the Release>>

    It doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of electronics these days, they are
    making foil and laminates by the look of things.

  7. Bill Janssen

    Bill Janssen Guest

    The telephone companies used a "push on" coaxial connector. Don't know
    if any of them bought scopes
    that used that connector but it may be the "telco style". Don't know the
    name of telco connector.

    Bill K7NOM
  8. I think we have a winner! ;<)

    Thanks...I appreciate all the responses.

    I will follow up on this lead and will report what I find out.

    Any ideas as to why Gould would have used the different connector?

    I would be interested in hearing any information about the Gould 2608
    scope that someone might have. With all that is on the Internet, there
    is very, very little on Gould equipment. Shame that the company is
    apparently no more since the instrument I have just reeks of quality
    craftsmanship inside and out.

    In the future, are there any other sites that one would have asked
    this type of question?

    Thanks again,

  9. I have no idea if this is the right company, but it is(was) named as
    gould and makes oscilloscopes. I searched the net for a manual for a
    advance (gould) oscilloscope not long ago and i found this company and
    now it's been bought by some other company. They even have an option in
    the service & repair page for old gould oscilloscopes. I don't know, go
  10. kilgore_trout


    Feb 20, 2009
    Gould connectors

    They are called LEMO connectors. Should still be available fro Newark Electronics.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day