Connect with us

Good projects for electronics beginner

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Av8or, Jan 4, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Av8or

Av8or

Jan 1, 2011
    What projects should i do if I'm just starting out on electronics? I have a decent idea of most of the very basic theory (hey, google is engineering's best friend), but am not THAT skilled at practical get 'er done kinda work (which i need to work on, along with more theory). I was thinking an FM bug, but i need something simple, not very finicky and most importantly, useful (in that it won't be a waste of components, think led blinker). FM bug seems good, but i need help with design, and implementation, and if u can throw in some theory, great.

Thx

Av8or

2. barathbushan

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
    New in electronics , welcome aboard !!! :)

So you want to do an FM bug as your first project , which will transmit audio detected secretly from one location to another in a wireless manner . Am i right ??

your project consists of two stages , in the first stage you amplify voice signals , and in the second stage you transmit them wirelessly

my suggestion is that you build these two stages separately , and later work them together , by doing this you will have a better understanding of how the circuit works.

Just google these two circuits , and you get plenty of circuits you can use .

3. Av8or

Av8or

Jan 1, 2011
    Great. How exactly does an fm transmitter work? What kind of amp should i use (non inverting op-amp, transistor .etc)

thx

4. barathbushan

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
    Just visit this thread here , it will help you understand about the working of FM transmission , also the circuit provided by the thread starter is very simple and beginner friendly , i suggest you consider building this circuit

https://www.electronicspoint.com/fm-transmitter-help-t228446.html

For the FM transmitter you use a regular transistor in voltage divider bias configuration for amplification , but use an OP-AMP for the voice amplification circuit , since high gain is required to amplify the feeble signals from the microphone

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
Ask a Question