Connect with us

Good PIC program

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by rob_croxford, Sep 3, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rob_croxford

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
    Hi all,

I am hoping to get more into pic programing and micro-controllers. Can anyone give me a good software (preferably from experiance) i can use for programing the chips. I would like it to be C or C++ as i studied this language for 3 years previous.

have used visual C++ for simple programing however the pic programing software i used at uni i cannot for the life of me remmember what its called!

Any help is appreciated,

Rob

2. Militoy

Militoy

Aug 24, 2010
    Your programmer should come with the software you need for actually loading the machine language onto the chip. As for compiling your C code – turning it into assembly and machine code – there are lots of choices, depending on what you want to spend. There are several pretty good free C compilers available, and one of those might be powerful enough for your use. If you need a faster compiler that will crunch the most efficient code – with a text editor and IDE to ease the process – you’ll likely have to spend a bit of money. There are several very stable ones available in the range of US$ 300-500. I don’t know your exact needs, so I won’t recommend a specific one – though I personally use Microchip MPLAB. They have a 60 day free evaluation version available – as well as free versions for academic use.

3. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
  4. rob_croxford

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
    Cheers for the info guys

5. kwoolsey94

kwoolsey94

Feb 14, 2011
    google dev c++
    bloodshed softwar will then come up.
    that seems to be the best compiler.
    You can take that and run it and it will see if there any errors and name them to you.

6. miriamdittrich123456

miriamdittrich123456

Mar 8, 2011
    If you're looking for a C compiler, I'll have to agree with kwoolsey94 and go with Bloodshed C. But if you're looking for something that's ready for your PIC, I'd go for MikroC.

Ask a Question