Connect with us

good IC for making single ended into differential and vica verca

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Yannick, Apr 24, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Yannick

    Yannick Guest

    I am looking for the most common used IC to make sigle ended signals
    differential and vica verca, bandwidth is low (max 200Khz) and signal
    levels are between 0-5V, i have both analog and digital I/O. I have
    about 10 IO (5 analog and 5 digital) maybe there are some good IC's
    with multiple IO for this purpose?

    This is for a telemetry system on my kart , to have less influence of
    the EMI (of the spark plug) i want to make all out and ingoing signals

    Thanks for any help on this one.

  2. Guest

    quad pack RS422 drivers/receivers for digital
  3. Pooh Bear

    Pooh Bear Guest

    For analog signals you may do best by adopting a method using several
    op-amps, rather than look for 'an IC'.

  4. Luhan

    Luhan Guest

    You may have luck with the (optocoupler) system used by MIDI, as data
    system that survives (ab)use by Rock Bands.

  5. John B

    John B Guest

    Yannick scrobe on the papyrus:
    It depends on whether you want to use two-wire (half-duplex RS485) or
    four-wire (full-duplex RS422) comms. MAX485 is only good for RS485, but
    MAX489 will do both. Four-wire is easier in software.
  6. colin

    colin Guest

    Have you considered using opto isolators at least for the digital ?
    Im not sure about using them for analogue, it depends on your requirments as
    thier transfer charecteristic varies tremendously from device to device for
    cheap units, and also very gradualy over time (you cld always get round this
    by using a simple pwm) but the complete isolation would give best imunity
    from noise, transients on the ground, ESD etc. or if want to digitise the
    analogue you could do it at the source with a micro.

    A 'single transistor phase splitter' can be used to generate differential
    signals or just a simple unity gain inverter.
    A single op amp used as a diferential amplifier can provide a reasonable
    amount of CMRR.

    Colin =^.^=
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day