Connect with us

Good, economic epoxy mixer?

Discussion in 'Project Construction Technologies' started by primuspaul, Jul 30, 2018.

1. primuspaul

primuspaul

Feb 7, 2018
    Can someone recommend a good, economical epoxy mixer/dispenser? I bought about a quarter of a gallon of 24 hour epoxy and need to use it for small repair projects. Unfortunately, I have trouble getting the right 1:1 ratios when mixing.

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Measuring cups? Two identical cups, each 'full' will always equal a 1:1 ratio.

Syringe (for smaller amounts).

Bigger cups (for larger amounts)

ANY two cups that are half the capacity of the total mix you need would do it.

3. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Clear plastic medicine/pill cups, with the markings on the side. Example:
    https://www.amazon.com/HomEquip-Graduated-Medicine-Non-Sterile-Disposable/dp/B01MZ64XGJ
    https://www.amazon.com/Dynarex-4252-1-Medicine-Polyethylene-Count/dp/B01N6MXK13

Similar cups come in larger sizes too but often don't have the markings on them. In that case measure half the quantity in water, pour it in and use a marker to draw a line at that level, then add that much water again and draw a second line.

However, and this is more of an issue with faster setting epoxy, it is exothermic as it sets so having it in a small surface area vessel will make it cure faster than if it were spread out more.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    This HAS to be a windup.....:rolleyes:

5. primuspaul

primuspaul

Feb 7, 2018
    I'll have to try this since using the 2-cup method the donor cup always retains some residue and I end up with an unequal mixture. I think that and 2 syringes should do it.

6. FuZZ1L0G1C

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
    2 identical gradated measuring vessels, each with a maximum of full capacity required.
    One half full (A).
    The other Half Empty (B).
    Mix A to B and stir thoroughly.
    Apply and allow to set at least 24 hours.

Ask a Question