Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Going from Beginner to Advance

maxzero110

Apr 14, 2011
I do realize that there are a lot of books on electronics, whether they are course books taught in universities or hobby project books for hobbyist. It is clear that the material is out there and people can learn this material on their own...well not all of it....

Something that needs to be realized is that for hobbyist who don't or didn't go to a university have to learn through the hobby books or books that have been recommended to them by people who are engineers or hobbyists. And there isn't a clear path as to become an advanced hobbyist (if such a class of hobbyists exist).

Now, to be quite honest I want to learn how to build embedded systems (with linux on it) and so forth. I know for a fact that I have to learn mountains of knowledge and that's not something you can learn in a year or two, so no need to tell me something I already know.

But what I do want to know is that, if I wanted to learn how to build embedded systems and I have no prior knowledge of electronics whatsoever.

What materials would you refer, so that I can have the knowledge to build an embedded system?

Please refer books, links or resources in the sequence of beginners to advance.

Thanks

NOTE : If you don't want to answer this post, then there is no need to get nasty and post replies like "Go join a university" cause if I could join a university or take courses. I would, believe that.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would take look at "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz & Hill.

It will give you a solid background in electronics without the math, and it goes up to discussing embedded stuff in a way that is useful.

You would probably also need to find a good text covering embedded design in ore detail. I can't really suggest anything there from personal experience.