Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Goeden-avond

kitao

Sep 23, 2012
Hi,

I arrived today at this forum and of course I am interested in electronics. For me it is a hobby and it is not for work or school because I am already of middle age.
I am doing some things at home with a 8-bit micro-controller and also some audio like building a small amplifier.
I have always liked electronics but as it goes with many things it is some kind of an on and off issue, that is, sometimes I left it for what it is for a year or longer.
I live in Rotterdam in Holland, I don't have problems with understanding English but the writing may be a little odd sometimes.
So never mind that. :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Kitao

Welcome to the Electronics Point Forums :)

have a good read through the tutorials from the drop down menu and through some of the posts that may be of interest
Ask questions and there's sure to be some one that has some experience with the projects you are playing with.

And always remember google is an incredible source of info :)

cheers
Dave

kitao

Sep 23, 2012
tnx, I'll do my best not to ask questions that one can find under the click of one google-button.
And you are right, at the moment it is just playing around with some stuff but there were times when I was really serious about it and tried to follow some more extensive digital and micro-processor courses.
At the end I found out that programming is not for me, so I got stuck and the interest and the gained knowledge just faded away.
So yes, now I am just playing with a basic amplifier and a basic micro like the K4003 and the basicstamp from parralax.

So let's hope I dont only ask questions but sometimes know how to answer a few myself. ;)

Anyway, I am looking forward to some information-exchange on both sides in a pleasant way and in the meantime improve my English a bit.

I saw your forum for the first time today, it is well designed.
My compliments :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Yeah, programming isnt my forte either
I used to program in BASIC but that was too many years ago than I care to remember haha

Its not mine personally, Im just one of the moderators :)
Ian, is the administrator/owner .... you will see him pop up from time to time

Dave

kitao

Sep 23, 2012
ok
that brings me to a little question if you don't mind.
Is this website original from the US or another country ?
I couldnt find it in the contact link

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Is this website original from the US or another country ?

Any reason you need to know?

We don't discriminate against those from the USA. Even if you do talk funny. :D

kitao

Sep 23, 2012
:cool:

of course there's a reason, this is the introduction topic and I introduced myself.
Now it's your turn ;)

To be serious, it doesn't change anything, I just wondered.
It's nice to talk with some people down under also, so nothing discriminating about that ! ;)

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Get it right! Here

That song carries with it a very sad copyright/suicide story.

kitao

Sep 23, 2012
Well, I didn't know about that, but it was a big hit in Holland and they still play it.
By the way, you owe it to my grandfather that you are living there or it still would have been terra incognita. (I miss some appropriate smiley's here :p
Willem Jansz/Janszoon was a Dutchman who was seeking new trade routes and trade associates. Commanding the Duyfken, he became the first recorded European to step foot on Australia's shores on the western shore of Cape York Peninsula, on 26 February 1606.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_discovered_Australia#ixzz27WkBTfuw
http://www.duyfken.com/

hGG2ql.jpg

Ok, this doesn't have anything to do with electronics but it was fun :)

This week I want to buy a K8084 and I have seen on the internet that it makes a lot of 'brom' (noise) without proper shielding.
So don't be surprised if I have some questions/remarks about that. (in another topic)
See ya

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I was working for a Dutch company in WA that partially funded the building of a replica Duyfken and my name is on one of the wooden nails holding part of it together.

An interesting story about that. The gut who started the project was trying to get information out of the Dutch government about the vessel. They seemed reluctant until in answer to a question from a government official about "what scale are you building it" he answered "12 inches to the foot". When they realised he wasn't building something to sit on a shelf somewhere they were a little more enthusiastic.

As a financial venture though, I don't think it was much of a success (sadly)

kitao

Sep 23, 2012
At least it is sailing

nationalebeeldbank_2009-7-329073-2_de-replica-van-het-voc-schip-de-prins-willem-nog-in-volle-glorie.jpeg

before
voc_jpg_256723d.jpg

after

Thursday July 30, 2009
A replica of the 17th-century flagship of the Dutch East India Company "Prins Willem" has been destroyed by a fire in the Netherlands.
video

They are trying to repair it but I'm not sure of that will continue. The costs are estimated at 10 million euro.

I like ships, I've been a sailor myself for many years. Mostly on rivers but also one year at sea going to Norway, France and England. We transported lpg, propane etc.
Now I work in a factory making crop-protection-chemicals.