Connect with us

Giant newbie, needs help regarding transmitter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Thomas_M, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Thomas_M

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
    Hi there!

My name is Thomas, and I'm new to this forum. I need some help, and I wanna apologize for my extreme newbiesness.

I'm really clueless to electronics, and that's why I'm making this post here.

So, what I need!

A very small, transmitter. Which can send out a signal about 2-3m, or a bit more. It needs to send out a signal that contains some very basic information (example: 24, heroic spin).

I just need to know what this can be made of, and how small it can be. I prefer that it doesn't cost like 10 million, but is very simple and easy to make. I'm not going to make it myself or anything.

I'll start of with this question first and hopefully get some good answers :)

2. Thomas_M

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
    Also, if this is in the wrong section, please redirect it to where it's supposed to be :D

3. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Your description of basic information made no sense to me. Do you want to transmit the number 24? Why? Also,transmitting to wnat? An FM radio, an ISM band data receiver? Befpre we get to answers, lwts work on the question a bit. Noticed that I didn't even mention "heroic spin"...

ak

4. Thomas_M

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
    Yes, it only needs to transmit a number, and a word like "Heroic Spin". It needs to transmit it to a reciever (?) I guess, which will take that information and put it on a screen. Kinda like a phone with bluetooth, sends sound to a stereo. Just that I don't need sound or anything, just a number and some words.

Heroic Spin is just a random word btw. I don't wanna go into full detail :rolleyes:

5. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Gee, @Thomas_M if you don't want to go into full detail, then neither do we. Most of us here do not enjoy playing guessing games, trying to tease information from reluctant people who pop up here with vague requirements. Better to tell us up front WTF you want to DO and let us make suggestions on how you might do it. You can then take it or leave it, or engage in a more extended conversation. So good luck with that.

Arouse1973 likes this.
  6. Thomas_M

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
    Well I'm sorry if I don't want to share my great idea with just anyone. There's a reason for why I don't want to go into full detail.

My only question is: How small can you make a transmitter which can send a few words to a reciever? If that's to much of a question to answer I guess I'll just have to go somewhere else.

Sorry for bothering you.

7. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hey Hop, I think you may have upset the OP.:)

Transmit 'Heroic spin' and numbers, or other words.
    To a receiver and then a screen only 2 or 3m away?

Is the screen ceiling mounted above a double divan by any chance?

Martin

Arouse1973 likes this.
  8. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Without knowing what the receiver is, whether the data carrier is optical or radio or gravitational or ..... it is impossible to say. And by 'you', do you mean yourself, or an electronics expert, or a micro-manipulation robot, or ..... ?

9. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    You have to remember that if this all goes wrong because of the advice we gave you due to lack of information on your part. Who are you going to blame? Why don't you Google small RF transmitters.
    Adam

10. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    so sick of these waste of time requests

thread closed

hevans1944 and Arouse1973 like this.
Ask a Question