Maker Pro
Maker Pro

GFCI circuitry supplier info

Stevec77

Dec 17, 2010
Hello everyone,

I 'm am designing an extension cord and looking for GFCI circuitry/hardware without receptacles, just the circuitry, which will service the receptacle plug head from another location in the cord.

Can anyone in this forum recommend a supplier or three?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
please dont post in multiple forums it really annoys people

a topic only needs to be posted in one place for it to be read :)

Dave

Stevec77

Dec 17, 2010
My apologies. I certainly do not want to annoy the good folks on this forum.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
My apologies. I certainly do not want to annoy the good folks on this forum.

referring to your topic.... its not something I know anything about, not my field, have you done google searching ? did you find anything of interest ?
The lack of answers on here maybe no one else has any info either ??

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hmmm, designing an extension cord?

I have seen extension cords with built in earth leakage breakers. I presume that's what you're talkng about.

Stevec77

Dec 17, 2010
Hmmm, designing an extension cord?

I have seen extension cords with built in earth leakage breakers. I presume that's what you're talkng about.

Yes, except those have the plug receptacles in very close proximity to the sensor (if that is what it is called) such that the sensor and receptacle are encased together as one integral unit on one end of the cord and a long or short lead to the "wall" plug receptacle on the other end of the cord.

I want to place the sensor in one location on the cord and the receptacle plug(s) in another location 3+- feet away from the sensor.

Thus I am looking for a manufacturer or supplier of the sensor units only, un-encased.

The cord will be rated for 120 volt "household" current.

Stevec77

Dec 17, 2010
referring to your topic.... its not something I know anything about, not my field, have you done google searching ? did you find anything of interest ?
The lack of answers on here maybe no one else has any info either ??

cheers
Dave

Hi Dave, Yes, I've done a Google search, also searched Alibaba, Tradekey, Global Search, Thomas Register, and other sites with little luck. It seems everyone lists devises that include encased sensors with receptacles as finished product or encased sensors to be wired into large industrial applications.

Perhaps I'm not using the correct descriptive keyword. I enter GFCI, ground fault circuit interrupters, mini gfci, etc. I'm wondering if the word sensor isn't a more descriptive keyword?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Earth leakage breaker
ELB
ELCB