Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Getting into the smartphone/tablet repair business?

Best GW

Jun 17, 2014
Hi, All:

We are PCB industry licensed training center for soldering parts on PCBs, repairing PCBs, wire harness and cable assemblies and printed circuit boards.

People routinely call our firm from the laptop, cell phone, tablet and gaming industries looking to learn how to repair specific complex consumer items.

We would like to build a class that is geared towards these industries and therefore are asking which types of devices (for example, the iPhone 4s battery connector) you would like to learn how to repair.

Can you provide me with your top “5” devices that you want to learn how to remove and then replace? How about in terms of bard damage like lifted solder pads?

Thank you in advance!

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
1. Replace forcibly removed micro USB connector with typical trace/board damage.

2. Replace damaged DC barrel jack.

3. Replace glued down with silicone, jammed between others and ground plane connected power supply filter capacitor.

4. Replace HDMI connector.

5. Replace tactile switch.

6. *BONUS* Teach students how to correctly use the term "UBER (unit is beyond economical repair) in documentation.

P.S. If you're at BEST, Inc., thanks for the Soldering Geek videos. I've referred lots of people to them on forums and in person.

Last edited:

Best GW

Jun 17, 2014
1. Replace forcibly removed micro USB connector with typical trace/board damage.

2. Replace damaged DC barrel jack.

3. Replace glued down with silicone, jammed between others and ground plane connected power supply filter capacitor.

4. Replace HDMI connector.

5. Replace tactile switch.

6. *BONUS* Teach students how to correctly use the term "UBER (unit is beyond economical repair) in documentation.

P.S. If you're at BEST, Inc., thanks for the Soldering Geek videos. I've referred lots of people to them on forums and in person.

Thanks so much for your straightforward and helpful reply! I'll certainly take note of all of these.

I am, actually. I'm glad that you found our resources helpful and thankful that you passed them on to others!