Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gerber files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Barber

Jan 4, 2017
Hello everyone

I am looking to get a new product manufactured from a working prototype and I need to get gerber files created. Anyone know where I can get gerber files produced and roughly the cost?

Thanks again everyone

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Paul
What software package did you design the circuit in. I would have thought the software you used can create them, you don't have to pay for them.
Thanks
Adam

Paul Barber

Jan 4, 2017
Hi Adam

I haven't designed it with any software I just built my prototypes from assembling components that I purchased from the Internet. What's the best way to proceed? Is it possible for someone to produce a Gerber file from a physical prototype?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Paul. You normally design it in a PCB schematic and layout program like DipTrace which is free. But there are lots of free packages out there. Do you have a circuit diagram I can see?
Adam

Paul Barber

Jan 4, 2017
I don't have anything on paper Adam, I have basically bought components and assembled them to make my prototype. I wouldn't know where to start to draw a circuit diagram I know very little about electronics. I have basically assembled a 3.7v 400 mah lithium battery, a remotely operated relay pcb, a 3v 10mm diameter vibration motor, a charge lead. I bought it all off eBay to make prototype but now I am looking for prices to manufacture professionally they are asking for gerber files and Bom. I have hit a hurdle. Thanks for your replies.

AnnabelHou

Mar 16, 2017
From what you've said, I suggest send the final assembled board to a professional PCB designer, and ask him to reverse engineer the board, get the Gerber file, drilling file & BOM. Then you can turn to PCB Fab House for mass manufacturing.

Paul Barber

Jan 4, 2017
Sorry for late reply, I have been awol sorry, thanks for your suggestion, sounds like a good plan.

Paul Barber

Jan 4, 2017
Have you got any pictures of the prototype?

Sorry for the late reply yes I have attached a pic of the pcb in question but without the battery and motor attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 47

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Sorry for the late reply yes I have attached a pic of the pcb in question but without the battery and motor attached.

OK so that looks commercially built and not something you threw together as a prototype from a few components you bought

This is the way we will see your story ......
I have someone's product that I want to duplicate and sell as my own
I need to know how to copy the board layout so that I can reproduce it

so some on, give us all the full story and stop wasting our time

Paul Barber

Jan 4, 2017
Like I said before I have made my prototype from assembling readily available parts I have bought from the Internet - no secret. The pics are front and back of the main pcb. I have approached manufacturers who have all requested gerber files to build the product. Again as I said in the post I haven't attached the battery or motor to that one. That's the full story the same as the original full story I gave u at the beginning Mr moderator.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
All they want are the files you sent them when you had your original PCB made.

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
I see why there's confusion. I don't think anyone, the board/assembly houses or anyone on this forum, really understands what you want done. Gerber files are a representation of how to fabricate a printed circuit board. The places that are asking for them think you want them to fabricate and/or assemble a printed circuit board. We don't know if you want to replicate the board in the picture, make a new board that incorporates that design with changes or additions or something else entirely.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013

Hi Paul

Where did the original PCBs in the pictures come from?

Thanks
Adam

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK I have discovered in another thread of yours where you also refer to this circuit board
post #4 has a link to the ebay item YOU BOUGHT ----

https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/new-product-prototype.282027/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231784559855?clk_rvr_id=1194871030643&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

So my earlier comment stands

This is the way we will see your story ......
I have someone's product that I want to duplicate and sell as my own
I need to know how to copy the board layout so that I can reproduce it

you are wanting to copy some one else's board/product that you purchased, not built yourself

I really don't like being deceived !
and on that .... thread closed

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.