Connect with us

generic monitor

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Lawson Lutchman, Jul 21, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hi All

    I have a generic 37cm monitor, it came to me dead, I replaced the line
    transistor, now theres a high pitched squeal from the flyback, and the
    picture is chisel shaped (trapsoid), I am wondering if the flyback or tube
    is not faulty as well.


    Trekkie 1
  2. sofie

    sofie Guest

    Lawson Lutchman:
    It's probably NOT the CRT.....
    Ring test the flyback to confirm that it is OK. Test the hv caps in the h
    deflection circuitry.
    I was looking through my schematics and I can't find the "generic 37cm"
    brand listed.! !
    You really need to take another second or two while you are posting for
    repair advice to include the ALL IMPORTANT make and model numbers.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day