Maker Pro
Maker Pro

G'devening frae Edinburgh

Darth Florist

Jun 12, 2017
Hello all.
Yes, it IS Darth Florist - it's a name that was created after the consumption of some beer!
I've been into electronics since the early 1970's. I followed it as a profession from 1974 to 1991, but a combination of capitalism, redundancy and a family bereavement meant I went sideways into something less electronic, which I've never been able to get out of, despite acquiring a 1st Class Honours degree from the Open University!
Whilst an Electronic Development Test Engineer (well, that's what my employer called me), I was working on 74 series TTL, 4000 series CMOS and Motorola 6802 MPU's. Later on, I learned about EPROMS, PALS (particularly 22V10's) and FPGAs, but I've not had any hands-on experience on these.
At my current place of work, they've had a massive sort-out of equipment and components, which have been declared as "surplus to requirements". As a result, I've got hold of a load of analogue components (e.g. 741's, CA3080's + a lot of others), a Tektronix 2235 Oscilloscope and a PSU that'll put out +5V and ±15V. I already have a Digital multi-meter.
Putting Defence and Medical electronics to one side, I like dabbling in Music Electronics. I've got a load of circuits I picked up from magazines (PE, EE, PW, ETI) in the late 70's & early 80's concerned with Phasers/Flangers, Wah-Wah's, Synthesisers and the like. I'm mostly designing projects, such as a delay/echo unit using a tape loop (yes, I know it's old hat, but I can't deal with micro-controllers and the like), and a keyboard instrument that emulates other instruments that produce a continuous tone. I's share it, but I can't find a simple Schematic Capture application that an O.F. like me can deal with (O.F. - rhymes with Gold Part!)
Any questions?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there Darth Florist

welcome to EP :)

edited for correct name

Last edited: