Connect with us

Garage Door Remote! (HELP!)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by luka, Nov 14, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. luka

luka

Nov 14, 2012
    Hello my name is Luka.
    I live in Germany and I would like to know if i could build my own garage door remote...
    This is the garage door remote:
    http://www.smolka-berlin.de/onlines..._F1024_1._1-channel,_27.015_MHz_21.001.30/986
    I don't have the original remote anymore unfortunately.
    It would cost like 80€ (100$) for a replacement. Which is a price I am not willing to pay.
    I am quite good (and interested) in Electronics. But I'm new to the whole radio stuff.
    Please bare with me.

So, is it possibe?

Thank you so much in advance.
    -Luka

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Since you don't have the original, and probably don't know the exact frequency or the format of the signal it sends, you are in a pretty poor place to try to build one.

3. userqq

userqq

Oct 4, 2012
    I think its cheaper to get a whole new system but try ebay and look for a good deal.

4. galaxy

galaxy

Nov 3, 2012
    Many garage door openers have the ability to control via an external switch, so your may have somewhere to attach one.
    The door controllers I have seen usually have 2 screw terminals, and a momentary short activates the door (open, close or stop, depending on its current location).

You can buy small 433Mhz remote control units on eBay very cheaply, usually with 2 small keyfob remotes, that can give a momentary or toggled output depending on your requirement

I have found this is better than trying to source / repair the old remote units.

Ask a Question