Connect with us

Garage door opener

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by trainman9111, Mar 10, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. trainman9111

trainman9111

Mar 10, 2013
    I am needing to know what this white tube's actual name is. I believe it is a frequency adjuster.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums

The white tube is just a bit of plastic tube that supports the coilv (inductor)

Dave

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. trainman9111

trainman9111

Mar 10, 2013
    Excellent, Thank you for letting me know what this is so I can use a crystal for the 390 MHz mine took a dump, and I am too tight to buy one so I was going to make my own.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I dont see a crystal on that board
    are there any other components on the under side ?

if not ... it may just be a free running oscillator

Dave

5. trainman9111

trainman9111

Mar 10, 2013
    There is nothing on the bottom of the board just solder connections.

6. trainman9111

trainman9111

Mar 10, 2013
    I added a picture, to help in deciding what it is.

7. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    The chip is a early solid state rolling code remote Tx module, the coil is there to fine tune the frequency...

What are you trying to do?

8. trainman9111

trainman9111

Mar 10, 2013
    My other one broke and I was wanting to make my own, they cost 30.00, cheaper to make. Unless you know of a good website to make my own garage door opener.

9. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yeah ok

the coil is slug tuned

the problem is .... you have no idea if this remote TX is on the same freq as your existing one. There's every chance that they are very different

Dave

10. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    That remote is a rolling code, it's paired to the receiver unless you system is using the same chips it's not going to work, and if it is using the same chips you would not need to modify it...

As for remote cost, I have no idea of your brand or model number of your garage door system (FYI they are NOT all the same) but you can get universal remotes for pretty cheap just match it up to your system, they are well bellow $30 all over Ebay or even Amazon.com

It's an old school remote, try contacting some garage door installers in your area they might have a drawer full of used ones that were reclaimed from swap outs...

11. trainman9111

trainman9111

Mar 10, 2013
    Ok Thank you. I appreciate all the feed back. I will end up buying one sounds like that would be the easier of everything.

Ask a Question