Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Garage Door Opener Remote - Soldering

dougand3

May 5, 2017
Greetings to the forum. Total electronics newbie here. Hope this is the correct forum.

Garage door opener circuit board receiver failed years ago and I never found a suitable replacement. I got 1 of the $10 gate transmitter/receiver off ebay and wired it into the momentary switch on the wall. Been working fine but I need more remotes. I bought 4 uncoded ones years ago and stuck in a drawer. Now gonna see if I can code them.

Old working remote - Round AUK R315A transmiiter, IC SC2260
New remote - Oblong BX R315A transmiiter, IC PT2260

Does IC label PT vs SC mean not compatible?
Do I make the solder joints on new one look like old one?
Do I forget this and get 315MHz cloning remotes and try to figure out the instructions? LOL

Thanks so much.

IMG_20170505_143121.jpg IMG_20170505_143301.jpg

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir dougand3 . . .

Your top unit suggests of being 2009 vintage and more sophisticated design than the lower one of 2011 .

The master, lower one also suggests of piecemeal job assembly done by mamma-san on her back porch, on a QC evaluation of the unit.

Both are using stable SAW referenced xmit oscillators.
I do like “ masters” tact switches . . . . Over the other one.
Look at the top transmitter fob and its PCB with the strip of 8 pads at the bottom edge.
Its currently not security programed, and being at the 00000000 “skeleton key” coding.
You could only hope that you would be able to use an ohmmeter to read out the relative mess on the bottom unit, and then to be able to dupe it on the top unit.

Flip the master over with the CLEANER side of the board visible and rely upon ohmming from the line of IC program pins to ground.
You are interested in which of the pads on the master unit gets grounded.
I feel . . . and your numbering shows . . . both units using the 2060 encoding chip to generate and then feed its digital stream / burst to the transmitter.
HAAAAAAAAAARD to find a 2060 data sheet, its similar 2072 is easier find and equally relates to pin out..

I think that the two different prefixes you questioned, are probably relevant to the lead treatments one being a flat lead and the other being an offset lead to hold up off the board . . . . . thus mechanical . . . and not an electronic function relevance..

See if you can ascertain the grounded program pins of the possible 8 of your MASTER unit...

73’s de Edd

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I feel . . . and your numbering shows . . . both units using the 2060 encoding chip to generate and then feed its digital stream / burst to the transmitter.
HAAAAAAAAAARD to find a 2060 data sheet, its similar 2072 is easier find and equally relates to pin out..

I assume you typo'ed you mean 2260, not 2060 .... you seem to be going off on the wrong path

easy to find the 2260 datasheet

@dougand3
here is the datasheet for the PT2260
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/P/T/2/2/PT2260-R4.shtml

here is the datasheet for the PT2262
http://www.futurlec.com/Others/PT2262.shtml

The SC and PT are just 2 different manufacturers for the same chip

PT stands for Princetown Technology Corp