Connect with us

Galaxy Mini 2 into monitor hdmi?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 3, 2015.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets

Mar 3, 2015
    Hello :)

I have display LCD_REVO.7 from Samsung Galaxy Mini 2. It looks like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Is there any way to rebuild it to little monitor with HDMI entry?
    Instead of hdmi port it could has flex ribboncable with 15pins, but in display there is 20 pins (im not sure, its so small).

I have my galaxy mini 2 and i need it works as monitor.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Can it be done. Yes.
    Is it worth it. No.

You will need an LCD driver that has HDMI input, and you will have to hope that it has the right connector on it. You can DIY... but that would require reverse engineering the display and making your own driver with something like a FPGA.
    In either case, this project is not for the faint of heart. It may be more worth while to simply buy a small display, but this is your choice, not ours.

MasterOfPuppets likes this.
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome :)

yes you could, you would need to know cable identification of the panel
    and you would need LOTS of processing circuitry to take the hdmi signal and drive the display

Dave

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets

Mar 3, 2015
    Ok guys, i trust You. Thank You very much. Solved. :)

5. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Depending on your project, there are software solutions to turn your android or iOS device into an additional display. This does cause a little latency, so gaming on it is a no go, but it could be a viable immediate solution for you!
    (Other than that, you can get 1.5" - 7" PAL/NTSC composite input displays pretty cheap.)

Ask a Question