Connect with us

Fuzzy Picture in LG Projection TV

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by elmousa68, Jan 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. elmousa68

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
    We have an LG projection TV model PT-43A82T. The unit started malfunctioning about a month ago where the picture would be fuzzy for the first 5-7 minutes after the TV is turned on, then becomes normal. I'm seeking some initial insights into the nature of the problem, as I have not yet removed the cover. This TV has cost us quite a bundle in the past in repairs, so if I can determine if it is worth repairing (and not pay too much) then so be it. Otherwise, we are seriously considering getting a new TV.:) (picture attached)

I previously studied Electrical Engineering, but I do not consider myself proficient in electronics troubleshooting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. elmousa68

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
    LG Projection TV - Electronic Boards Pics

After removing the cover(s) of this huge monster, I was able to get pics of the lower compartment where the boards are situated. Please excuse me if the pics are not clear enough; because the angle at which I shot the photos does not allow for anything better (except maybe if I pull the boards out). The pics are:

1. the board on the right hand side of the compartment.
    2. board on the bottom right.
    3. board in the bottom center.
    4. board in the bottom left.

Any input is highly appreciated.:cool:

Attached Files:

3. elmousa68

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
    Thanks for Nothing

The problem turned out to be in the IC stk392-120 "Convergence Correction Amplifier". THANKS A LOT FOR NOTHING>:mad:

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Congrats on fixing this. And thanks for posting the cause. It may help someone else one day.

Sorry nobody could help.

No need to be churlish though.

Ask a Question