Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fuzzy Picture in LG Projection TV

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
We have an LG projection TV model PT-43A82T. The unit started malfunctioning about a month ago where the picture would be fuzzy for the first 5-7 minutes after the TV is turned on, then becomes normal. I'm seeking some initial insights into the nature of the problem, as I have not yet removed the cover. This TV has cost us quite a bundle in the past in repairs, so if I can determine if it is worth repairing (and not pay too much) then so be it. Otherwise, we are seriously considering getting a new TV.:) (picture attached)

I previously studied Electrical Engineering, but I do not consider myself proficient in electronics troubleshooting.

Attachments

• LG-Projection.jpeg
    LG-Projection.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
LG Projection TV - Electronic Boards Pics

After removing the cover(s) of this huge monster, I was able to get pics of the lower compartment where the boards are situated. Please excuse me if the pics are not clear enough; because the angle at which I shot the photos does not allow for anything better (except maybe if I pull the boards out). The pics are:

1. the board on the right hand side of the compartment.
2. board on the bottom right.
3. board in the bottom center.
4. board in the bottom left.

Any input is highly appreciated.:cool:

Attachments

• board-on-side.jpg
    board-on-side.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 284
  • bottom_right.jpg
    bottom_right.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 294
  • bottom_center.jpg
    bottom_center.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 338
  • bottom_left.jpg
    bottom_left.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 217

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for Nothing

The problem turned out to be in the IC stk392-120 "Convergence Correction Amplifier". THANKS A LOT FOR NOTHING>:mad:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Congrats on fixing this. And thanks for posting the cause. It may help someone else one day.

Sorry nobody could help.

No need to be churlish though.