Connect with us

Fuse Resistor ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Rob G, Mar 15, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    I've a cassette recorder with a fuse resistor that has gone open
    circuit. I've not come across such a device before and don't know if
    I can find a replacement easily (I'm in the UK). The service manual
    shows it to be 3.3 ohms and 1/2w, with a voltage drop of 1 volt across

    Can I replace it with 3.3 ohm resistor and a 500ma fuse ?

  2. Baron

    Baron Guest

    300ma would be closer ! But fusible resistors are available from
    Farnell, Radio Spares, Digikey etc etc...
  3. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Thanks Baron - 'Fusible resistor' is clearly the right term; I got no
    usable hits with Fuse Resistor, but am getting what I need with
    Fusible ....

  4. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    You might have better luck searching for a "fusistor" - that is what Fluke
    Electronics calls them.

  5. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    You probably could. I think Farnell should stock them but you need to be a
    registered customer to place small value orders.

  6. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    Never heard that term ever. Fusible resistor is the usual one.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day