Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fuse in car bluetooth receiver keeps blowing out

Ruben G.V.

Nov 4, 2016
I had no problems with it in my old van (r.i.p.) I was wondering if maybe I should be using a different fuse. Wasn't able to upload the reciever manual pdf so I uploaded some screenshots instead. The power socket in my car is 12V - 10A. I'm starting to get into electronics so any info would be appreciated, thanks. Oh also the company's website said use a 600R 2.1A fuse but the cashier at radioshack didn't find anything like that in her system.
Capture+_2016-11-04-19-01-54.png Capture+_2016-11-04-19-02-28.png

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
Did it ever work after reinstalling it or did it just start popping the fuse?

Ruben G.V.

Nov 4, 2016
Did it ever work after reinstalling it or did it just start popping the fuse?

There were two extra/replacement fuses that came with the reciever when I first bought it in early 2015. I honestly don't remember exactly what happened but I can say with certainty that those did not blow right away. I took the last fuse to a radio and got a replacement which actually did blow out as soon as I turned on the car. What gives? What's 600R 2.1A? I don't know practically anything about electronics and couldn't be bothered to investigate the issue back then but this time around I feel up to the challange heheh. Ultimately, I want to figure out exactly why it's shorting out or whatever. Could it be my car battery? A product review mentioned volume level; is that actually relevant? Could it be because I would unplug it every time I got out my van, and plug it back in every time I got in? A different thread on here mentioned "surge" and "resistor" and "upstream" something or other smh; I'll hit the books and figure it all out in time. First I need to get the correct fuse; any suggestions?

Ruben G.V.

Nov 4, 2016
Resettable 2.1 amp Fuse
If it was working in the car for a time I would guess that it's a problem with the reciever.

What was the duration, a minute, a day?
About a week or two. But I was taking it back and forth between vehicles at the time. Dang, so it must be the reciever huh?

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
More than likely inside the receiver, you can check the power supply and make sure it's only getting the 5 volts required.

Ruben G.V.

Nov 4, 2016
More than likely inside the receiver, you can check the power supply and make sure it's only getting the 5 volts required.

Cool, I'll buy a volt meter asap and get back you with the info. It'll probably be a couple weeks if not next weekend. Thanks for the info.