Connect with us

funny demotivational pic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by donkey, Jul 21, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

sorry bout the language... but its so true

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    I just watched the 3 Stooges remake and they dedicated the last 10 minutes or so to a public service announcement that you shouldn't do this or that and showed all the rubber props and how they did the stunts... I just shook my head and rolled my eyes...

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    The kids aren't any dumber, their parents will just sue now.
    I liked Slim Pickens ride, in Dr. Strangelove best.

4. Solidus

Solidus

Jun 19, 2011
    I'd say the parents are dumber now, however.

Used to be, if a kid did something stupid and injured himself, he was an idiot, people back then didn't need a disclaimer put on every facet of life.

Now suddenly every parent points the finger at other things, you know, God forbid they take responsibility for it.

Now we have to be warned that steaming coffee is "extremely hot", because the idiot who spilled it on himself wasn't warned of it.

5. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    like the guy who put his camper on cruise control and then went and made himself a coffee.... thats why the motor vehicles have disclaimers on cruise control.

6. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    What do you expect in a country where you can sue for 4.5 Mio $ for hot coffee? It's gaining popularity hre too - including fancy warning labels.

7. Solidus

Solidus

Jun 19, 2011
    To me, personally, it's just asinine.

People just don't like to admit fault anymore. Better to point the finger at someone else, and then lawyers cater to those people saying "well, if you successfully point the finger at him, you can get rich off the settlement!"

8. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    The level of stupid with suing these days is nuts, there is a chainsaw company that has a legitimate warning label that says "Do not attempt to stop moving blade with hands, feet, or genitalia" someone tried it and sued because it chopped it all up

People look for reasons to sue, while I worked at Target I heard people on multiple occasions say "They are out of [sale item] on the first day of the sale, you should sue for the inconvenience", or when we had a tv stand on sale in the flyer one time they forgot to put the disclaimer that the TV pictured was not included in the $30 sale price and people were threatening to sue when they found out the TV (32" Samsung) would cost them $350 on top of the $30 for the stand

Also all of these law companies that advertise about certain medicines that had side effects and if you were affected you might be in for some money, most recent I believe is acetaminophen or something (which is known to cause stomach issues with excessive use) but you can join the class action suit for it

9. kodiakfishaboy

kodiakfishaboy

Apr 6, 2011
    :eek: Gee! what a nut-job
    you wouldn't find me choping parts of my body off for money.

10. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Perhaps ex nut-job, or nutless-job ;)

11. kodiakfishaboy

kodiakfishaboy

Apr 6, 2011
    :) Succinctly put.

12. Flyeo

Flyeo

Oct 10, 2012
    very good picture :)