Maker Pro

funny demotivational pic

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
95633699-500x487.jpg

sorry bout the language... but its so true

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I just watched the 3 Stooges remake and they dedicated the last 10 minutes or so to a public service announcement that you shouldn't do this or that and showed all the rubber props and how they did the stunts... I just shook my head and rolled my eyes...

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
The kids aren't any dumber, their parents will just sue now.
I liked Slim Pickens ride, in Dr. Strangelove best.

Solidus

Jun 19, 2011
The kids aren't any dumber, their parents will just sue now.

I'd say the parents are dumber now, however.

Used to be, if a kid did something stupid and injured himself, he was an idiot, people back then didn't need a disclaimer put on every facet of life.

Now suddenly every parent points the finger at other things, you know, God forbid they take responsibility for it.

Now we have to be warned that steaming coffee is "extremely hot", because the idiot who spilled it on himself wasn't warned of it.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
like the guy who put his camper on cruise control and then went and made himself a coffee.... thats why the motor vehicles have disclaimers on cruise control.

Solidus

Jun 19, 2011
To me, personally, it's just asinine.

People just don't like to admit fault anymore. Better to point the finger at someone else, and then lawyers cater to those people saying "well, if you successfully point the finger at him, you can get rich off the settlement!"

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
The level of stupid with suing these days is nuts, there is a chainsaw company that has a legitimate warning label that says "Do not attempt to stop moving blade with hands, feet, or genitalia" someone tried it and sued because it chopped it all up

People look for reasons to sue, while I worked at Target I heard people on multiple occasions say "They are out of [sale item] on the first day of the sale, you should sue for the inconvenience", or when we had a tv stand on sale in the flyer one time they forgot to put the disclaimer that the TV pictured was not included in the $30 sale price and people were threatening to sue when they found out the TV (32" Samsung) would cost them $350 on top of the $30 for the stand

Also all of these law companies that advertise about certain medicines that had side effects and if you were affected you might be in for some money, most recent I believe is acetaminophen or something (which is known to cause stomach issues with excessive use) but you can join the class action suit for it