Connect with us

Function Generator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ken Higg, Oct 2, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ken Higg

Ken Higg

Oct 2, 2014
    Looking to buy a function generator and not sure what you get when you go from a $100 unit to a $250 unit, etc.

Say this:

$270 unit

vs

$100 unit

Other than the 12 vs 20 mhz - Any feedback on pros vs cons? Just using it to learn on...

Thanks, Ken

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi ya Ken
    welcome to Electronics Point

both good units ... the extra $170 for the first one is buying you many more options and features and if you have or may have in the future the use for them it would be the one to go for

If you are cash strapped ;) and you don't see your electronics hobby etc progressing too far go with the second one

Personally, I usually think ahead and consider where I may be in the next 5+ yrs and buy on that premise ( I learnt the hard way in years gone bye)
    regardless of if it has been camera, ham radio, electronics test, telescope gear
    There's nothing worse than buying something and finding in a couple of yrs you have outgrown it and need to spend more money again
    Get the Best you can afford NOW :)

cheers
    Dave

3. Ken Higg

Ken Higg

Oct 2, 2014
    Thanks for the advice Dave -

Ask a Question