Connect with us

Function Generator Circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by venomcodex, Mar 29, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. venomcodex

venomcodex

Mar 29, 2014
    Hey guys,

In the attached circuit diagram when I change the frequency using R4, the triangular wave and the sine wave changes the amplitude also, plus the triangle wave completely changes shape...,

but the amplitude works fine (using R8), its just the frequency
    really need help guys....

Attached Files:

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    The first op-amp produces a square wave. the second op-amp acts as an integrator to generate the triangle wave and the third op-amp is another integrator to round off the triangle wave.

The integrators are low pass filters so are frequency sensitive. The 8038 IC uses resistors and diodes to convert a triangle wave to something resembling a sine.

3. venomcodex

venomcodex

Mar 29, 2014
    isnt there any other way to filter those effects?

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    As Duke hinted, the ICL 8039 IC (or MAX038) are single chip solutions with acceptable signal quality.

You may also have a look at this circuit.

5. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    An alternative would be to generate a sine wave using, say, a Wien bridge oscillator. This can be made to have very low distortion. Put the output into a Schmitt trigger to get a square wave. I cannot think of how to get a triangle which is not frequency dependant.

Not my field but digital synthesis could be considered.

6. venomcodex

venomcodex

Mar 29, 2014
    Thank you, duke37 and harald

Ask a Question