Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fresh meat checking in

DougR

Feb 20, 2016
Hello,
My name is Doug Reno. This is my first attempt at becoming an acceptable member of this forum/blog. I am a retired from long time electrical construction/maintenance company owner. That happened in 1998 so I am not totally conversant in the language of the day. However, I'm a reasonably smart feller and will do my best to keep up. Pardons in advance would be graciously accepted. If it is any help in understanding my experience level, the creedo of my company was - give us enough relays and we can control the world. Yes, I fall in the gap between relay logic and solid state logic. Please be kind with your comments
Regards,
Doug

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hey Doug, great to see you here. It's good to have people from all areas of electronics. I am sure you will be an asset when questions come up that relate to your experience. In the meantime sit back and enjoy. It can get quite technically heated at times. But it's great fun being part of this big family. Thanks
Adam

DougR

Feb 20, 2016
Hey Doug, great to see you here. It's good to have people from all areas of electronics. I am sure you will be an asset when questions come up that relate to your experience. In the meantime sit back and enjoy. It can get quite technically heated at times. But it's great fun being part of this big family. Thanks
Adam

Thanks for the reply. i have a question - already? I'm trying to post and when i do it says I need at least one valid participant. What the hey??

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
i have a question - already? I'm trying to post and when i do it says I need at least one valid participant. What the hey??

you must be trying to do a PM ( private message) don't do that

open a new thread in what ever section of the forum that best suits your query
just like you did when you opened this intro thread in the introductions section

Dave

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Took a tour of a potato chip factory long time ago. One room was full of mechanical relays to keep the factory production lines running.
One guy sat in there with a rubber hammer. His job was to whack errant mechanical relays to un-stick them when they hung-up.
The tour guide praised the hammer wielder profusely, claiming the hammer-man could zero-in and whack the correct stuck relay with uncanny accuracy.
I'm not kidding.
Might be part of the reason why the gap/transition between mechanical and SSR.
Your company didn't happen to wire-up that potato chip factory, did you? Maybe why you're out of the business now?
(A little newbie, hopefully humorously received humor here)

DougR

Feb 20, 2016
Took a tour of a potato chip factory long time ago. One room was full of mechanical relays to keep the factory production lines running.
One guy sat in there with a rubber hammer. His job was to whack errant mechanical relays to un-stick them when they hung-up.
The tour guide praised the hammer wielder profusely, claiming the hammer-man could zero-in and whack the correct stuck relay with uncanny accuracy.
I'm not kidding.
Might be part of the reason why the gap/transition between mechanical and SSR.
Your company didn't happen to wire-up that potato chip factory, did you? Maybe why you're out of the business now?
(A little newbie, hopefully humorously received humor here)

The only reason I go to potato chip factories is for the free samples!!! Don't need no "stink in" relays for that.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Just checking. It was job-security for the rubber-hammer wielding employee.
I thought maybe the job might become a new service industry job-description.
'Professional relay whacker'