Maker Pro
Maker Pro

frequency divider for 175 GHz

manthan_genious

Jul 29, 2010
hi

i am working on gyrotron device. this is one of my project device. i hope you may know it. this device generate 175 GHz. it's really a high frequency . my problem is how can i measure this frequncy....? i need to know is there any frequency divider ckt or IC or any other logic so i can divide the frequency???:confused::confused: plz reply fast.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
fast answer (not guaranteed to be correct or useful)

If you have another signal source of known accuracy with a frequency close to the one you're generating then you could mix the signals, extract and measure the frequency of the difference.

This would give you 2 possible frequencies for your unknown signal. If you can vary the frequency of your known source you can easily determine which one it is.

manthan_genious

Jul 29, 2010
fast answer (not guaranteed to be correct or useful)

If you have another signal source of known accuracy with a frequency close to the one you're generating then you could mix the signals, extract and measure the frequency of the difference.

This would give you 2 possible frequencies for your unknown signal. If you can vary the frequency of your known source you can easily determine which one it is.
do you give me advise to use MIXER??

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi

i am working on gyrotron device. this is one of my project device. i hope you may know it. this device generate 175 GHz. it's really a high frequency . my problem is how can i measure this frequncy....? i need to know is there any frequency divider ckt or IC or any other logic so i can divide the frequency???:confused::confused: plz reply fast.

Remember google is your friend :)
or as Steve likes to say LMGTFY... love that one steve ;)

http://jjap.ipap.jp/link?JJAP/49/038002/

http://www.springerlink.com/content/6528k487746p3k41/

http://rsi.aip.org/rsinak/v74/i5/p2860_s1?isAuthorized=no

thre's 3 links that talk about freq measurements at 100++ GHz

Dave

manthan_genious

Jul 29, 2010

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
It makes my head hurt just thinking about how incredibly difficult it would be to come up with part values small enough. And don't even start on accounting for the parasitics.

I think I am going to start having nightmares about going to work and being told I need to design a 175GHz system.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
It makes my head hurt just thinking about how incredibly difficult it would be to come up with part values small enough. And don't even start on accounting for the parasitics.

I think I am going to start having nightmares about going to work and being told I need to design a 175GHz system.

hahahaha yup, I have just finished a 24GHz transverter radio system and had first onair tests last weekend. The 47GHz Amateur band is the next one in my sights and have some gear I want to convert from their original 50GHz use. Dunno if I will ever get to our 76GHz band... but in the words of the James Bond movie... "Never say Never" haha

150GHz and up I dont even wanna think about. I had never heard of a gyrotron device till this topic posting and it forced me to go do some googling to see what the poster was talking about. Found some interesting links. not only dealing with those high freq's but also BIG power levels, scarey!!!

Dave