Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Free electronics textbooks,... any good?

Jodles

Nov 19, 2010
I just came across this site and it has a few free e-books (though lots of advertising in them) on electronics:
http://bookboon.com/uk/textbooks/electro

Have any of you any experience with the books at this site? I don't recognize any names of the authors and there's no info about the authors either. I don't want to end up learning bad practice! But if anyone has read anything there or know any of the authors and know if it's either utter crap or fairly good, please let me know! :p especially if there are any gems by some good author..

J

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I had a brief look at one, and aside from half page adverts on 1/3 of the pages, they seem OK.

I have not downloaded one in an area where I would consider myself an expert, and I have not gone through the one I downloaded looking for obvious errors either.

I find the adverts very distracting, but I suspect I could learn to ignore them.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Hi Jodles
Lot of free stuff does contain egregious errors (love my vocabulary). Lke for example TinyCad, a fine graphics program but connects things backwards, substitutes P-channel for N-channel FET's, doesn't know a zener diode from a rectifying diode...
Still I'm downloading the Laplace functions book, not that I know about Laplace functions but because I'd like to know. I doubt it's up to a very high standard though, and I am very sure that it won't be the best book I could read for free. If I were really serious I'd go to a public or university library.
Which book in particular interests you?