Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Free electricity or scam !!!

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
i have recently come across this site here

http://www.teslasecret.com/

which advertises a book detailing about obtaining free electricity !!

is it for real or is it just another scam on the internet !!

There is also a youtube video at the bottom of the page , please give your opinion about it .

thanks !!

eptheta

Dec 20, 2009
subtitle-picture.jpg

No way. Why doesn't everyone flick energy from EM waves.

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
did you see the video at the bottom , the guy charges his phone out of thin air

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I have a very nice bridge I'd like to sell you...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
"You'd be a fool to believe it" does not mean you're a fool (sheesh).

It means that you should not believe it.

I will try not to assume that everyone speaks English as a first language :)

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
but what about the guy charging his phone in the video , surely you cant expect to draw
energy from a single antenna to power your house !! every one knows that energy radiated is directly proportional to antenna length , so for a small length may be you can
get enough voltage to atleast power an LED

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
Can you collect energy with an antenna/coil of wire/etc...? Yes. Useful energy? Not quite. You may, *may*, be able to power a low power circuit off of "free energy" but don't count on it, it would have to be low power or very close to a high radiation source or use an unrealistically large coil.

Want to see some math behind taking energy out of thin air? http://www.eevblog.com/2010/01/17/e...-wifi-hotspot-energy-harvesting-marketing-bs/

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
I believe I came across that site a couple of years ago (still up now) and checked up (googled) on some facts (names) presented and came up with evidence of a scam.
Some other indications of a scam is the use of many words and fancy terms, and the mixing of different "phenomenons" and technologies.

Quote: "the Sun is positively charged with over 200 BILLION volts"
Sure, that number might be correct for all I know, but it's called static electricity down here.

Quote: "the Earth is charged with negative electricity - almost 4.5 megawatt hours"
In what time frame if I may ask? Watt seconds = Joules and is a fixed packet of energy, once spent it's gone. Continously available energy is measured in Watts.
And how do you intend getting a wire up in space to tap this supply of DC anyway? An antenna can only tap AC.

Quote: "most of this energy “bounces” off the Earth’s ionosphere and is lost in space"
Sure, it's called solar wind, and the small amount getting anywhere close to us shows itself as Aurora Borealis. It's still charged particles (DC).

The circuit in the video is real and useful enough, it's a Voltage quadrupler/rectifier hooked up to an antenna, and is otherwise known as a field strength meter.
You surely know that we are quite heavily surrounded by both mains and radio frequency electromagnetic fields, unless we take on a long hike in the mountains.
Notice how it charges 50uF from 1 to 1.6V in about 5 seconds. Task: how many Watts of power is required to do that? How long to charge the phone?

The phone uses software to detect charging. It took a long time for it to detect there was a couple of volts present.
Reckon that it takes just as long to detect the voltage is gone, but by then the video timely ends.

Task: Google the following names that were mentioned and see what comments & info you come up with..
Dean Schrock, Denver, Colorado
DERRICK Watlington, Chicago, Illinois
Susanne Wool, Chicago, Illinois
Rudy Uvalle, Miami, Florida

Iirc. they're all fictious, and the generator in the book is not related to cosmic energy, it's a rotating device from one of those crazy (can't work) patents (freely available).

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
Notice how it charges 50uF from 1 to 1.6V in about 5 seconds. Task: how many Watts of power is required to do that? How long to charge the phone?

if it charges to 1.6v in 5 seconds , then the wattage required is

w =0.5*[c * v^2] = 65 microwatts (approx)

now i see that only a tiny bit of energy is available .

WHAT A SCAM !!
The books sells for 47 $

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Even less actually (64uJ=5uW). But that was about the video, notice that the big generator technology in the book is not related to that at all.. All fancy words & gestures..
I guess it doesn't take many books a year to pay for the website and give some profit.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
every one knows that energy radiated is directly proportional to antenna length , so for a small length may be you can
get enough voltage to atleast power an LED

no they dont cuz thats not true, energy radiated is proportional to energy supplied to the antenna, Antenna length is inversly proportional to frequency, the higher the freq the shorter the antenna (for resonance).

for a given freq and power level into an antenna, as soon as you change the antenna length and result in a non resonant length, you will have a mis-match and less power radiated due to it being an inefficient system.

The biggest stopper for capturing RF field energy and converting it to useable amounts of dc voltage is that the RF energy levels are extremely small ... in the microvolts area.
the inverse square law comes into play .... that is every time you double the distance from the radiator you only have 1/4 of the energy

Dave

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
oh yes i got that one wrong , by confusing myself between the relation of antenna length , distance , and radiated energy , thanks for correcting me Dave