Maker Pro
Maker Pro

FP-13D loose wire

Suzie

Oct 4, 2017
Greetings,

I was given a Cuisinart FP-13D food processor from my sister, who had dropped it. After it was dropped, it didn't work anymore. To operate the FP-13D, the bowl needs to be locked in place. I locked the bowl in place and plugged the FP-13D in, then pressed the High, Low, and Pulse buttons. Nothing happened. I unplugged it, removed the bowl, and opened the base. Inside was a broken bracket and a loose wire. I fixed the broken bracket with super-glue. The loose wire looked like it had been pulled off from wherever it had been attached. The wires were short and uneven. I looked for a place on the circuit board that might have the other ends of the wire. No luck. I stripped the end of the loose wire, twisted the stranded wires, and tinned them with a soldering iron. The Safety Switch had an unused tab. I attached the loose wire to the unused tab of the Safety Switch, replaced the bowl and locked it in place, then plugged the FP-13D in. The motor started! Yay! I removed the bowl and unplugged the FP-13D. After looking for a service manual or wiring diagram on the Internet, and having no luck, I removed the circuit board and safety switch from the base and made a drawing. I asked a friend to look at it, and he told me where he thought the loose wire might be connected. I tried those places, but no luck. Here is the drawing I made, with the two places (Pulse & Low) I have tried connecting the loose wire to to get it to work, without success. I am hoping that someone here might have an FP-13D, and can look and see where that loose wire goes? Or, perhaps suggest a connection point? The loose wire is coming from a brush on the motor. The wire from the other brush goes directly to the end of the plug.
fp-13d-wiring-1.png

Thanks in advance for any constructive solutions or repair advice.
Suzie

Suzie

Oct 4, 2017
Greetings,

I was given a Cuisinart FP-13D food processor from my sister, who had dropped it. After it was dropped, it didn't work anymore. To operate the FP-13D, the bowl needs to be locked in place. I locked the bowl in place and plugged the FP-13D in, then pressed the High, Low, and Pulse buttons. Nothing happened. I unplugged it, removed the bowl, and opened the base. Inside was a broken bracket and a loose wire. I fixed the broken bracket with super-glue. The loose wire looked like it had been pulled off from wherever it had been attached. The wires were short and uneven. I looked for a place on the circuit board that might have the other ends of the wire. No luck. I stripped the end of the loose wire, twisted the stranded wires, and tinned them with a soldering iron. The Safety Switch had an unused tab. I attached the loose wire to the unused tab of the Safety Switch, replaced the bowl and locked it in place, then plugged the FP-13D in. The motor started! Yay! I removed the bowl and unplugged the FP-13D. After looking for a service manual or wiring diagram on the Internet, and having no luck, I removed the circuit board and safety switch from the base and made a drawing. I asked a friend to look at it, and he told me where he thought the loose wire might be connected. I tried those places, but no luck. Here is the drawing I made, with the two places (Pulse & Low) I have tried connecting the loose wire to to get it to work, without success. I am hoping that someone here might have an FP-13D, and can look and see where that loose wire goes? Or, perhaps suggest a connection point? The loose wire is coming from a brush on the motor. The wire from the other brush goes directly to the end of the plug.
View attachment 36606

Thanks in advance for any constructive solutions or repair advice.
Suzie

This problem has been SOLVED. The loose wire connects to the PULSE switch tab, AND the cover to the bowl must be attached to the bowl for the machine to work. I am going to leave the drawing here because I was unable to find anything about this appliance on the Internet, besides the User Manual. Thanks for looking. Suzie.

Suzie

Oct 4, 2017
This problem has been SOLVED. The loose wire connects to the PULSE switch tab, AND the cover to the bowl must be attached to the bowl for the machine to work. I am going to leave the drawing here because I was unable to find anything about this appliance on the Internet, besides the User Manual. Thanks for looking. Suzie.

This is the corrected wiring diagram for the Cuisinart FP-13D food processor, which has had the (former) loose wire soldered in place. The question mark indicates the (former) loose wire.

fp-13d-wiring-1.png
I am posting this because I was not able to find any wiring diagrams for this model. ~Suzie

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for the information. Yes, Google searches for information turn-up electronicspoint posts YEARS after they are submitted here. Your drawings and information will help a lot of other people with the problem you saw.