Maker Pro
Maker Pro

found 14kw generac generators cheap but theyre DC current output?

vintagecarlover

May 3, 2012
generators are generac 90 volt DC output. nat gas or propane, 14 kw, some are single ph and some are 3 phase. guarenteed low hours, schedualled maintainance and only 200.00 so i thought id buy em a lot of them but dont know enough about getting them to work as backup power for my cabin, or put on on my concessions trucks. any help appreciated as i dont know if i should walk away or buy them. my dedline is friday morn so not much time to figure this out. any ideas? [email deleted] thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
This is a bit confusing...

DC does not have phases

Single phase and 3 phase refer to AC power

Im guessing that it is this one?

Looking at the specs it says its only rated for 1 phase, it appears that the seller has some incorrect information or there is some miscommunication somewhere

vintagecarlover

May 3, 2012
i got the 3 phase info from the data tag all by myself. the are many of each 3 ph and single ph. im wondering if the same nat gas engines are used on several generators and these just happened to be the DC ones thus negating the 3 phase issues.

this brings me back to my original questions which are can i get from DC gennys to AC gennys without great expense? what can these be used for besides previous useage putting out 90 volts DC?? thanks again all. my time to buy these at 100.00 ea is slipping away. right now ive got 24 hours to buy or pass on them. pls let me know asap.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
If you can give us specific model numbers that would help immensely

But going from 90VDC to (Im assuming) 120VAC 6Hz is going to be expensive and if you have little to no experience with this sort of thing it can also be dangerous

as I said before, there are NO PHASES in DC, so if it has listed 1 or 3 phases then it is AC