Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Forum Newbie :- Need some help to obtain a part

Tim_Hampshire

Jul 13, 2012
HI All,

My first post and a little about me.

Live in Hamphire in the UK and have worked as a compoutrer systems engineer for a number of years, I moved to mgmt a while back, so not really got my hands dirty much with a solderirng iron.

Anyway, to my problem at hand.

Have a TV which was not powering on. When power applied, the relay would tick.

Removed the PSU, and checked, and found that there were 3 Caps that were dooming, so replaced those, bit to no avail.

On closed inspection, I found that a Film Cap had bubbled on both sides and Cap Gel had leaked out, so pulled it off the board, and it had split underneath.

So, now I need to replace it, and this is my problem. I cannot locate this part ANYWHERE :-(

The part has the following markings :-

Carli .47K275V-X2 MPX40/100/21 250V and looks like a yellow 'lego' block.

I can submit rough dimensions if needed.

Looking at the location, the main AC comes in and there are 1 of these, a copper coil, another one of these, and another copper coil and finally this last one of these before hitting a relay.

I have another older flatcsreen TV that has a bust screen, and on checking, there are a couple that are similar however, markings show :-

HJC .22 microF MKP-X2 310-250v-

So not sure if these will work being a lower MicroF.

So, questions are:-

:-:- Can I use the above lower microF one
:- Can anyone point me to a company that sells the atual one i need.

Many thanks for your help

Tim

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
The actual one you need is a Metallized Polypropylene Film capacitor 0.47uf the MPX40/100/21 (operating temp -40 to 100) Most are rated for that 250 -275 volts, but you find one a little higher it will work...

They should be real easy to locate with that data above just search your websites for "Metallized Polypropylene Film" and a value of 0.47uf , Mouser and Digikey offer several brands that will work, you just need to measure you lead spacing...

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Looks fine as long as the lead spacing is right for you...