Connect with us

FM transmitter hack

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by waveboy2u, Oct 6, 2017.

1. waveboy2u

waveboy2u

Oct 6, 2017
    Hi

I purchased a cheap FM transmitter for the car but since it is cheap the signal is so low I cannot use it and i would like to boost its output.

From what I read online, there has to be a resistor that limits the output of the signal due to some regulations, however, i could not locate the resistor, nor the antenna.

Would you please be kind in assisting me and help me improve this transmitter?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    where ?
    please give the link

I dont see anything obvious

what are you trying to do .... they are designed to operate within the car
    if it doesnt .... maybe it's faulty

3. waveboy2u

waveboy2u

Oct 6, 2017
    Hi Davenn,

I had attached a few links below for a similar process

http://www.instructables.com/id/Hacking-FM-Transmitter/

I was not expecting to get so low power transmission. I had test it with a small radio and it is transmitting over FM and it is working, however, the signal is very very weak

4. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    That is a great way to break the law and cause radio interference to anybody nearby who is listening to an FM radio station or to their low power FM transmitter.

Good luck trying to find the "black box" that reduces the signal strength since yours is different to the Instructable.

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It might just be best to remove all the black boxes. I note the recommended method of using wire-cutters.

Also it's a great demonstration of sodering skills

Ask a Question